The Church of St. Salvator and the reading room of the library of the Clementinum
In 1773, under the pressure of the courtyards of the great Catholic monarchs, the pope of the Roman Clement XIV abolished the Order of the Jesuits.
This leads to the fact that the Clementinum becomes the philosophical and theological faculty of the University of Carlo-Ferdinand, as well as the place of placement of the Archbishop Seminary.
When the University of Czech and German, the Czech part remained in 1882, the Czech part remained, while Karlov’s university retreats to the German population.
In the reading room of the Klementinum library since 1930 and, to the present, the National Library Fund is located, and in the eastern wing – the National Technical Library.